Saturday, July 16, 2011

Colorado

Alright, my last post made me want to talk about Colorado.  I will admit it, I'm absolutely obsessed with the place.  I can't get enough of it, and I never want to come back home because it's so breath-taking!  Don't get me wrong, I love Texas very much, but I love mountains soooo much.  My dad lived in Woodland Park, Colorado for 6 months and he hated it lol!  It was in 1980, and he says there was a HUGE blizzard that year.  He said he was so sick of seeing white and being cold all of the time, but he told me how beautiful it was.  Well I was feeling extremely spontaneous one day, and by 7:30 that morning, I decided that without a doubt, I was going to go to Colorado to see this place for myself.  I had never seen mountains before in my life, and I HAD to see them lol!  I got off of work at 4:30, went home and packed my bags, looked at the map, and off to Colorado I went.  My parents probably thought I was insane, but they know how spontaneous and stubborn I am, so they didn't try to stop me!  I literally almost fell asleep driving because by the time I got to Amarillo, it was pitch black outside (I left Gainesville at 9pm,) and I was exhausted from waking up early for work.  By the time I got to Colorado though and had some sleep, I realized I was in the most gorgeous place I had ever seen.  I immediately started driving around and taking TONS of pictures.  3 years later I went back.  I had more time on this trip and it was even 10 times better than the first!  First of all, I stayed in the most beautiful hotel, Hyatt Place.  I refuse to stay in any other hotel because I love this one haha!  I had Pikes Peak right outside my window!  The first night wasn't too eventful.  I had to go to the mall in Colorado Springs because I didn't have a coat, and I was planning on going on top of Pikes Peak while I was in CO.  It's freaking cold up there by the way!  The next day was one of the best days of my life.  I'm not even kidding.  I jumped in my car and drove around Colorado for hours and hours with the windows down, listening to my favorite tunes.  I went from Colorado Springs to Woodland Park to Breckenridge to Denver and back down to Colorado Springs.  It took probably about 6 hours total (I kept stopping to take pictures hehe) and lets just say all of the mountains took my breath away.  The next day, I went to Cripple Creek which is a cute little town, and driving through the mountains to get there was beyond beautiful.  Then, I went to Manitou Springs to get on a train to go on top of Pikes Peak.  It was very cloudy that day, so I couldn't see anything when I got on top of that huge mountain, but I saw what clouds look like up close lol!   I really hope Zac and I take a trip up there in the next few months before the baby comes.  It will be even better with him there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment