Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lots of New Stuff!

I'm absolutely awful about keeping up with this blog! First of all, we are having a blast being parents! Kaden just melts our hearts :-) He's over 2 months old now....I just can't believe that! It seems like he was born yesterday! I love how much Kaden looks like Zac! Zac's mini-me :-) Thank you Lord for blessing us with such a sweet and healthy baby boy. I love our little family :-)

We now live in Oklahoma! We've been commuting for awhile to Ardmore from Gainesville, and the drive was about to drive us crazy! It's a pretty far drive, plus gas prices are getting ridiculous, and we didn't want Kaden on the road all the time. The decision to move happened so fast, but we believe it's the right one. We love our house and it's right down the street from both of our jobs. It's also right down the street from Hobby Lobby! Yes!!! I joke a lot about how Texas is the best state ever, which it is hehe, but I really do like Oklahoma. It's pretty. Not as pretty as my dream state Colorado, but still pretty :-) Maybe when we retire someday, we will live in the mountains or on the beach somewhere! That would be awesome!! One thing I know for sure, I will never be an OU fan people!! Never, ever, ever ;-) I love the OU vs Texas rivalry though, especially now that I work with lots of OU ("no") fans! Maybe Texas will actually win this year so I don't look like an idiot...again...

Another cool thing going on is a band called Midnight Drive! My husband plays drums in the band, and he sure is smoking hot ;-) I am really excited for them, and I really believe they will make it big. They already have their first cd out called "Back Against the Whiskey". When the cd's came in, Zac and I drove around listening to it. I love the cd and I'm not just saying that because I'm his wifee. They have something really snappy! The last song on the cd is called Ten Fingers & Ten Toes which Zac wrote for Kaden. Every time I hear it, it makes me tear up. It's so sweet :-) Check them out at Midnightdriveband.com!

I can't wait to start planting in front of the house. I've never done it before, but it sounds so fun! I'm going to plant rose bushes. The only problem...I have to dig up two pretty big bushes first! This should be interesting and fun! I will post pics when I finish.

Since we live in Ardmore now, we have to find a new church home. We are praying for God's guidance. Zac has gone to his church in Whitesboro his whole life and we really love it there. We will miss our church very much, but we will still visit when Zac's family is in town!

Alright, Kaden's diaper just exploded, so I have to go! Boys...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment